ON Semiconductor's End-of-Life (EOL) Support program is designed to provide a long-term solution to customers facing device or process obsolescence with their current ASIC or FPGA vendor. We provide reliable second sourcing options, as well as cost reduction solutions, to help you maintain your competitive edge. Conversion of an older technology to an optimized ASIC solution can provide a mid-life enhancement and extended life cycle.
Most conversions involve producing an ASIC solution with the same form, fit and function as your original device. We understand how to match functionality and timing across the same operating conditions and voltages as your device. We have access to an extensive array of package technologies and can design custom packages to support your exact needs.
Some conversions can provide an opportunity to introduce improvements to the product, such as moving forward in process technology. Or, you may want to create a product derivative or revision, by including product tweaks or repositioning your product for cost savings, for example by converting from thru-hole to surface mount packaging.
- Automatic design migration to an ASIC
- Low cost drop-in replacements
- Multiple to one conversions
- Original circuit functionality and performance maintained and improved
- Accept over 70 FPGA and ASIC formats
- Improved cost through process migration
- Long fabrication process life
- Solution to process obsolescence from current ASIC vendor
- Directly owned and operated fabs, with access to industry standard third-party foundries
- More than 25 years of conversion experience with over 5,000 designs converted to working silicon