SC5: 0.5 µm CMOS Standard Cell
The ON Semiconductor SC5 standard cell family combines compact, building block standard cells and soft IP with high speed memory and datapath functions. Using a 0.5 μm, high performance CMOS process, the SC5 family offers support for legacy 5 V applications and is a lower cost alternative to gate arrays for high volume applications.
SC5 standard cell technology targets legacy 5 V applications and high volume digital ASIC products. The low device cost accommodates designs requiring significant on-board memory, data path logic or IP blocks.
SC5 wafers are produced in ON Semiconductor's domestic wafer fab. In addition ON Semiconductor offers a complete on-shore flow including design, mask generation, silicon, packaging, and test complete with ITAR and NOFORN processing to support government and military programs. SC5 has extensive flight heritage.
- Mid-Range ASIC Design: SC5 provides a cost effective solution for mid-range applications with gate counts up to 1.6 million gates and up to 1.6 million bits of memory. Combined with support for a rich family of I/O standards, the ON Semiconductor RTL sign-off and netlist hand-off flows provide quick and seamless access for SC5 designs.
- FPGA Conversion: SC5 provides an ideal platform to cost reduce or replace obsolete 5 V PLD and FPGA devices, or even advanced FPGAs with suitable performance requirements. SC5 provides extensive support for FPGA memory and timing generator features, including live at power up (LAPU capability).
- Support for EOL Products: ON Semiconductor's FPGA-to-ASIC and ASIC-to-ASIC conversion capabilities allow SC5 to be a cost-effective, long-term solution for 5 V end-of-life products.
- Process Upgrade: ON Semiconductor ASICs designed in 1.25 μm, 1.0 μm, 0.8 μm, 0.6 μm processes, and any legacy 5 V core technology can be easily upgraded to the SC5 family. The ON Semiconductor ASIC library provides a common netlist design base.
- Adding Custom Blocks: ON Semiconductor specializes in combining digital and analog functions in custom ASICs. Analog functions include ADCs and DACs, op-amps and comparators, EMI/RFI filters, AC-DC and DC-DC controllers and regulators, drivers, thermal management, voltage and current management, and digital potentiometers.
ON Semiconductor ASICs are supported on leading third-party software platforms:
- Mentor Graphics™
The ON Semiconductor design flow integrates leading third-party design tools with ON Semiconductor proprietary tools to offer a flexible design interface for mid-range ASIC designs with RTL sign-off, ASIC netlists for ASIC-to-ASIC conversion and FPGA designs for FPGA-to-ASIC conversion. The ON Semiconductor software support methodology ensures a tight, well-coupled flow from design to production. The dedicated, experienced engineering staff from ON Semiconductor can assist at any step of the design process.