2023년 5월 4일 - 지능형 전력 및 센싱 기술의 선도 기업인 온세미(나스닥: ON)는 2023년 1분기 실적을 발표했다. 주요 내용은 다음과 같다.
- 19억 5,970만 달러의 1분기 매출 달성, 전년 동기 대비 1% 증가
- 일반회계기준(GAAP) 및 비일반회계기준(non-CAAP) 총이익 46.8%
- 일반회계기준 및 비일반회계기준 영업이익 각각 28.8%, 32.2% 기록
- 일반회계기준 희석주당이익 1.03 달러, 비일반회계기준 희석주당이익 1.19 달러 기록, 전년 동기는 1.22 달러 기록
- 자동차 부문에서 전체 매출의 50% 기록, 전년 동기 대비 38% 증가
- 자동차 및 산업 시장이 전체 매출의 79% 차지
Hassane El-Khoury 온세미 CEO는 "온세미는 거시경제의 불확실성에도 불구하고 1분기 실적이 예상을 뛰어넘으며 우리의 모멘텀을 이어갔다. 실리콘 카바이드(SiC) 제조 생산량은 내부 계획을 초과해 실리콘 카바이드 매출이 전분기 대비 약 두 배 증가했으며, ADAS 및 에너지 인프라 매출 모두 전년 동기 대비 약 50% 성장했다. 세계의 흐름에 따라 사업을 추진하면서 온세미는 현재 시장 환경에서 일관되고 예측 가능한 결과를 제공하기 위해 신중하게 운영을 관리하고 있다"고 말했다.
* Diluted shares outstanding can vary as a result of, among other things, the actual exercise of options or vesting of restricted stock units, the incremental dilutive shares from the Company's convertible senior subordinated notes, and the repurchase or the issuance of stock or convertible notes or the sale of treasury shares. In periods when the quarterly average stock price per share exceeds $20.72 for the 1.625% Notes and $52.97 for the 0% Notes, the non-GAAP diluted share count and non-GAAP net income per share include the anti-dilutive impact of the Company’s hedge transactions issued concurrently with the 1.625% Notes and the 0% Notes, respectively. At an average stock price per share between $20.72 and $30.70 for the 1.625% Notes and $52.97 and $74.34 for the 0% Notes, the hedging activity offsets the potentially dilutive effect of the 1.625% Notes and 0% Notes, respectively. In periods when the quarterly average stock price exceeds $30.70 for the 1.625% Notes, and $74.34 for the 0% Notes, the dilutive impact of the warrants issued concurrently with such notes are included in the diluted shares outstanding GAAP and non-GAAP diluted share counts and are based on either the Company's previous quarter's average stock price or the stock price as of the last day of the previous quarter, whichever is higher.
** Special items may include: amortization of acquisition-related intangibles; expensing of appraised inventory fair market value step-up; purchased in-process research and development expenses; restructuring, asset impairments and other, net; goodwill impairment charges; gains and losses on debt prepayment; non-cash interest expense; actuarial (gains) losses on pension plans and other pension benefits; and certain other special items, as necessary. These special items are out of our control and could change significantly from period to period. As a result, we are not able to reasonably estimate and separately present the individual impact or probable significance of these special items, and we are similarly unable to provide a reconciliation of the non-GAAP measures. The reconciliation that is unavailable would include a forward-looking income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows in accordance with GAAP. For this reason, we use a projected range of the aggregate amount of special items in order to calculate our projected non-GAAP operating expense outlook.
*** We believe these non-GAAP measures provide important supplemental information to investors. We use these measures, together with GAAP measures, for internal managerial purposes and as a means to evaluate period-to-period comparisons. However, we do not, and you should not, rely on non-GAAP financial measures alone as measures of our performance. We believe that non-GAAP financial measures reflect an additional way of viewing aspects of our operations that, when taken together with GAAP results and the reconciliations to corresponding GAAP financial measures that we also provide in our releases, provide a more complete understanding of factors and trends affecting our business. Because non-GAAP financial measures are not standardized, it may not be possible to compare these financial measures with other companies' non-GAAP financial measures, even if they have similar names.
온세미는 2023년 5월 1일 오전 9시(미국 동부 표준시(ET))에 금융업 종사자들을 위한 콘퍼런스 콜을 통해 2023년 1분기 실적을 발표하고 이에 대해 논의했다. 온세미는 또한 자사 웹사이트(http://www.onsemi.com)의 투자자 관계 페이지에서 콘퍼런스 콜의 실시간 녹음 오디오 웹 캐스트를 제공한다. 웹 캐스트는 라이브 방송 후 약 1시간 뒤에 이 사이트에서 재생 가능하며, 콘퍼런스 콜 후 약 30일 동안 계속 이용 가능하다. 콘퍼런스 콜은 여기서 미리 등록할 수 있다.
This document includes “forward-looking statements,” as that term is defined in Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements, other than statements of historical facts, included or incorporated in this document could be deemed forward-looking statements, particularly statements about the future financial performance of onsemi, including financial guidance for the first fiscal quarter of 2023, and statements regarding our new share repurchase program. Forward-looking statements are often characterized by the use of words such as “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “projects,” “may,” “will,” “intends,” “plans,” “anticipates,” “should” or similar expressions or by discussions of strategy, plans or intentions. All forward-looking statements in this document are made based on our current expectations, forecasts, estimates and assumptions and involve risks, uncertainties, and other factors that could cause results or events to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. Certain factors that could affect our future results or events are described under Part I, Item 1A “Risk Factors” in our 2021 Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on February 14, 2022 (our “2021 Form 10-K”) and Part II, Item IA “Risk Factors” in each of our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q filed with the SEC for the quarters ended April 1, 2022, July 1, 2022, and September 30, 2022, and from time-to-time in our other SEC reports (including in our 2022 Form 10-K). Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. We assume no obligation to update such information, except as may be required by law. Investing in our securities involves a high degree of risk and uncertainty, and you should carefully consider the trends, risks, and uncertainties described in this document, our 2021 Form 10-K and other reports filed with or furnished to the SEC before making any investment decision with respect to our securities. If any of these trends, risks, or uncertainties actually occurs or continues, our business, financial condition or operating results could be materially adversely affected, the trading prices of our securities could decline, and you could lose all or part of your investment. All forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement.