ON Semiconductor Named top 100 Best Corporate Citizens of 2021
ON Semiconductor has been named by 3BL Media to its annual 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking, recognizing outstanding environmental, social and governance (ESG) transparency and performance among the 1,000 largest, U.S. public companies. 3BL Media delivers purpose-driven communications as an editorial platform for the world’s leading companies to inspire and support global sustainable business.
This is the first year ON Semiconductor has joined the list, coming in at number 57 and ranking at number five within the semiconductors and semiconductor equipment industry. In June 2021, the company will for the first time also transparently report on its ESG efforts with a performance summary in its annual corporate social responsibility (CSR) report. This is another indicator of ON Semiconductor’s commitment to continuous and measurable improvement of its triple bottom line of people, planet and profit year-over-year.
"For ON Semiconductor, being a good corporate citizen is part of our DNA," said Jean Chong, vice president of ethics and corporate social responsibility at ON Semiconductor. "We have long been focusing on our ESG activities and are proud that they are being publicly recognized by 3BL. Making the world greener and creating a better future for all are the goals and the motivation behind our multitude of corporate responsibility and sustainability programs. Our core values of respect, integrity and initiative show in everything we do for our customers, employees, shareholders and the communities in which we live and work."
As part of its ESG communication strategy, ON Semiconductor has been consistently working with 3BL over the last couple of years to highlight and share its CSR activities, sustainable work and products. 3BL also shares ON Semiconductor’s articles about global giving and the company’s annual CSR report via 3BL’s alert services.
The 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking is based on 146 ESG transparency and performance factors in eight pillars: climate change, employee relations, environment, finance, governance, human rights, stakeholders and society and ESG performance. The ranking debuted in 1999 in Business Ethics Magazine and appeared annually in Corporate Responsibility Magazine for many years. Since 2018, it has been managed by 3BL Media.
Using a methodology developed by 3BL Media, all Russell 1000 Index companies are researched by ISS ESG, the responsible investment research arm of Institutional Shareholder Services. There is no fee for companies to be included in 100 Best Corporate Citizens.
To compile the ranking, corporate data and information is obtained from publicly available sources only, rather than questionnaires or company submissions. Companies have the option to verify data collected for the ranking at no cost. Data and information used in the 2021 edition of the 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking are from March 13, 2020, to March 19, 2021.
Third-party organizations continue to recognize ON Semiconductor globally for its ethics, climate leadership and commitment to be an employer of choice. ON Semiconductor has received the following awards:
- Four consecutive years on Barron’s list of 100 Most Sustainable Companies - 2021 ranked #10
- Two consecutive years named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index
- Three consecutive years on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America
- EcoVadis Platinum Level Recognition: In 2020, ON Semiconductor scored in the top 1% of the 768 companies assessed by EcoVadis within the “manufacture of electronics components and boards industry.”
- ISS ESG Prime Corporate Rating: In 2021, ON Semiconductor ranked in the top 20% of the 79 companies rated within the semiconductor industry.
- Two consecutive years maintaining an MSCI ESG Rating of “A”
- Two consecutive years as one of Newsweek America’s Most Responsible Companies - 2020 ranked #38
- Sustainalytics ESG Risk Rating Score of 26.2: As of April 2021, ON Semiconductor received an overall ESG risk rating score of 26.2/100 points (the lower the score, the better)
- Six consecutive years rated as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere: In 2021, ON Semiconductor was one of three companies in the semiconductor industry to receive this recognition.
“Achieving the transformational targets in the Paris Agreement and UN Sustainable Development Goals in this decade requires all companies truly embed ESG issues into the core of their business,” said Dave Armon, CEO of 3BL Media. “The best corporate citizens of 2021 are answering the call by demonstrating the societal and bottom-line value of leadership and transparency around ESG topics. They are setting ambitious goals, outlining robust strategies for achieving them, disclosing data to measure progress, and accounting for all stakeholders in business decisions.”
Read more about ON Semiconductor’s commitment to CSR in the company’s annual report.
Be sure to subscribe to our blog and follow us on social media to receive the latest updates on our technologies, solutions and company news!