NUREMBERG, Germany – May 2, 2023 – onsemi (Nasdaq: ON), a leader in intelligent power and sensing technologies, will display its latest sustainable power-related innovations during PCIM, the leading exhibition and conference for power electronics, taking place from May 9-11, 2023, at the Exhibition Centre in Nuremberg, Germany.
This year’s PCIM theme is Excelling in Power Electronics and onsemi will focus on three key areas during the show with a total of five demo spaces, a showcase and a dedicated power wall:
- Enabling green energy solutions: onsemi paves the way for sustainable energy infrastructure solutions. The on-site power wall will illustrate how households and small to medium-sized enterprises can build an energy island with onsemi products, highlighting EV solutions (High power DC and AC via onboard charging).
- EliteSiC ecosystem: With the vertically integrated EliteSiC ecosystem, onsemi has full control of their silicon carbide (SiC) manufacturing supply chain from basic raw materials to the delivery of fully packaged SiC devices, which are critical for efficient electric vehicles (EVs) and an important step towards decarbonization.
- Driving the industrial revolution: onsemi provides reliable, intelligent and energy-efficient technologies for fully autonomous manufacturing environments. This includes intelligent sensing for robotics, scanning
For automotive and industrial systems, onsemi’s power wall will showcase green energy solutions, highlighting intelligent power solutions from 65W to 11kW and demonstrating onsemi’s capability to provide full solutions for power supply applications. It will also exhibit ultra-high density (UHD) designs for the most critical, high performance and space-constrained power designs.
In addition, onsemi’s booth will have the following interactive demos:
- AC EV charger: Demo highlights how EliteSiC technology can be used to produce a highly efficient charging solution for use from the AC grid.
- 25kW DC Charger Evalkit: Demo will show how onsemi’s intelligent power portfolio will enable the highest levels of efficiency with onsemi’s EliteSiC technology.
- Bidirectional EV charging: Demo will show how an onboard charger (OBC) can return power to the grid, assisting in stabilizing the grid during times of peak demand.
- FS7 IGBT: Demonstration of the highest current IGBT (160A / 1200 V) in a TO247 package currently leading the market.
- T10 Motor Control: Get a closer look at the benefits of onsemi’s new MOSFET technology.
During the show, onsemi experts will also speak about several important industry topics, including:
- ‘EV-Traction Inverter Performance Optimization by Planar Technology and Packaging Improvements’ – Speaker: Andrea Colognese
- ‘The Sustainability of the EV-Traction SiC Revolution from a Technology, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Cost Perspective’ - Speaker: Pietro Scalia
- ‘1200 V SiC Transfer Molded Power Modules for EV-Traction Application’ – Speaker: Pietro Scalia
- ‘Advanced SiC System Level Simulation through the New Online Elite Power Simulator and Self-Service PLECS Model Generator’ – Speaker: Didier Balocco
- Markt+Technik Panel Discussion ‘SiC is sold out for 2023, can GaN help me?’ - onsemi panelist: Enrico Corti
- Aspencore / Power Electronics Panel Discussion: ‘Reliability and Quality Requirements for SiC and GaN Power Devices’ - onsemi panelist: Jaume Roig Guitart
Visit the onsemi booth (Hall 9, booth 330) to see its latest innovations.