PHOENIX, Ariz. – Feb. 11, 2010 – ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) a premier supplier of high performance, energy efficient silicon solutions for green electronics today has expanded its market leading power switching product offering with the introduction of a high-voltage power MOSFET portfolio including 500 volt (V) and 600 V devices. These new solutions are designed for the robust needs of high voltage, energy conversion applications such as Power Factor Correction (PFC) and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) stages, where faster turn-on and reduced dynamic power losses are crucial. Specifically, they are ideal for use in power adapters for gaming, printing and notebooks, as well as implementation in ATX power supplies, LCD panel power and industrial lighting ballast.
The new 500 V and 600 V devices are single N-channel MOSFETs offering minimized power dissipation by delivering competitively low RDS(on). These devices employ planar stripe technology, allowing operation in the most demanding applications. Low gate charge reduces switching loss, which also enables higher power efficiency. The avalanche energy ratings on these devices offer robust operation in power supply applications. The superior performance of these devices combines to enable the development of more efficient power subsystems.
“This portfolio introduction is just the first step into the high-voltage power MOSFET market for ON Semiconductor,” said Paul Leonard, vice president and general manager of ON Semiconductor’s MOSFETs products division. “We have strategically entered the high-voltage switching market at this time to better service our customers’ overall power management needs by providing a comprehensive selection of load switching solutions from 500 volts to 600 volts. Moving forward we will continue to expand our high-voltage power MOSFET portfolio with targeted solutions for consumer and industrial customers. This is yet another example of how ON Semiconductor is working to strengthen its position as an industry leading provider of energy efficient power solutions.”
The newly introduced 600 V MOSFET devices include:
- NDD02N60Z-1G in an IPAK priced at $0.22 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD02N60ZT4G in a DPAK priced at $0.22 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD03N60Z-1G in an IPAK priced at $0.23 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD03N60ZT4G in a DPAK priced at $0.23 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD04N60Z-1G in an IPAK priced at $0.27 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD04N60ZT4G in a DPAK priced at $0.27 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDF04N60ZG in a TO-220FP priced at $0.27 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDF06N60ZG in a TO-220FP priced at $0.36 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDF10N60ZG in a TO-220FP priced at $0.42 per unit in 10, 000 unit quantities
The newly introduced 500 V MOSFET devices include:
- NDD05N50Z-1G in an IPAK priced at $0.29 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDD05N50ZT4G in a DPAK priced at $0.29 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDF05N50ZG in a TO-220FP priced at $0.29 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
- NDF08N50ZG in a TO-220FP priced at $0.38 per unit in 10,000 unit quantities
The NDF05N50ZG and NDF08N50ZG will be featured in a demonstration of a power supply and LED backlight for an LCD TV at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) at ON Semiconductor’s booth No. 315 on February 21-25, 2010 in Palm Springs, CA.
For more information, visit https://www.onsemi.com.