CONVERGENCE 2004, Detroit, MI – Oct. 20, 2004 – ON Semiconductor further demonstrated its ongoing commitment to the needs of automotive electronic designers with the expansion of its industry-leading voltage regulation IC portfolio developed specifically for the unique challenges of the demanding automotive environment.
Sixty-three new Low Dropout Regulator (LDO) device options across four product families have been released and another seven will be launched in the coming months. These new voltage regulation devices provide an unmatched variety of performance and functionality combinations that address the spectrum of designers needs – from high-voltage, highly integrated regulators for microprocessor/microcontroller applications to low-noise, ultra-low quiescent current ICs for post-regulated environments. Many of these devices also deliver integrated features such as watchdog timers and delay and reset circuitry. Additionally, designers can select the company’s components with confidence, because all automotive devices from ON Semiconductor meet the stringent quality procedures and certification levels (e.g. Piece Part Approval Process (PPAP, AECQ100/101 qualified) that guarantee performance in the rugged automotive environment. These devices are distinguished by the “NCV” rating prefix.
“The increase in overall automotive electronic content and decreasing CPU voltages are driving the need for voltage regulators with higher precision, lower output voltages, advanced supervisory functions and low quiescent current,” said Sri Jandhyala, ON Semiconductor director of automotive market development. “ON Semiconductor is answering this demand with the expansion of its already expansive LDO portfolio. These are automotive-grade ICs that deliver a wide range of currents and features while remaining stable over a large range of output capacitance and ESR values.”
The expanded LDO product families now offered by ON Semiconductor provide customers a broad range of voltages, packages and features - plus adjustable and fixed voltages down to 1.5 volt (V) - so designers can customize performance directly to their needs.
The following new LDOs are now available and priced between $0.15 and $0.70 per unit in 10,000-unit quantities:
The NCV42XX devices are a family of robust LDOs that offer several integrated features such as fault protection and thermal overload. The newly released products are:
• The NCV4269 is a 5 V micropower 150 mA LDO linear regulator with delay, adjustable RESET and sense output; available in a SOIC-8 and SOIC-14 package.
• The NCV4275 is a 5 V, 450 mA Low Drop regulator with active RESET; available in DPAK and D2PAK package.
• The NCV4276 is a 400 mA Low Drop regulator with inhibit, 5 V, 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 1.8 V fixed and adjustable outputs; available in DPAK and D2PAK packages.
• The NCV4279 is a 5V micropower 150 mA LDO linear regulator with DELAY, adjustable RESET and sense output; available in SOIC-8 and SOIC-16 packages.
• The NCV4299: is a 5 V, 150 mA Low Drop regulator with ENABLE available in SO-8 and SO-14 packages.
The NCV850x are a family of micro-power LDOs that provide both an adjustable output and fixed outputs of 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, 8 V and 10 V. They are offered in a variety of thermally-enhanced packages. The newly released products are:
• The NCV8501 is a micropower 150 mA LDO linear regulator with outputs of 5 V, 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 8 V and 10 V and features ENABLE, DELAY, RESET and monitor flag functionality; available in SOIC-8 and SOIC-16 packages.
• The NCV8502 is a micropower150 mA LDO linear regulator with outputs of 5 V, 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 8 V and 10 V, and features DELAY, adjustable RESET and monitor flag; available in SOIC-8 and SOIC-16 packages.
• The NCV8503 is a micropower 400 mA LDO linear regulators with outputs of 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V and features ENABLE, DELAY, adjustable RESET functionality and an on-board comparator; available in SOIC-16 package.
• The NCV8504 is a micropower 400 mA LDO linear regulators with outputs of 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V and features DELAY and adjustable RESET functionality as well as an on-board comparator; available in SOIC-16 package.
• The NCV8505 is a micropower 400 mA LDO linear regulator with 2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V outputs and features ENABLE, DELAY, adjustable RESET functionality; available in a D2PAK package.
• The NCV8506 is a micropower 400 mA LDO linear regulator with2.5 V, 3.3 V, 5.0 V outputs and features DELAY and RESET functionality; available in D2PAK package.
• The NCV8508 is a micropower 250 mA, 5V output LDO linear regulator with watchdog REST and WAKE UP functionality; available in D2PAK and DPAK packages.
The NCV55X are a family of ultra-low quiescent current LDOs. The newly released products are:
• The NCV553 is an 80 mA ultra-Low Iq LDO with 5 V outputs and is offered in a SC82 package.
• The NCV551 is a 150 mA ultra-low Iq LDO with 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 2.7 V, 3.0 V, 3.2 V, 3.3 V and 5.0 V outputs in an SOT-23 package.
• In addition, the NCV5504 - a 250 mA dual-output LDO Linear Regulator featuring 3.3 V fixed and adjustable outputs and housed in DPAK package - is scheduled for production in early 2005. Samples are available.
For additional technical information, visit https://www.onsemi.com/tech.
About ON Semiconductor
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) offers an extensive portfolio of power- and data-management semiconductors and standard semiconductor components that address the design needs of today’s sophisticated electronic products, appliances and automobiles. For more information visit ON Semiconductor’s web site at https://www.onsemi.com..
# # #
ON Semiconductor and the ON Semiconductor logo are registered trademarks of Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC. All other brand and product names appearing in this document are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders. Although the company references its Web site in this news release, such information on the web site is not to be incorporated herein.