Intel Developer Forum (IDF) – SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Sept. 11, 2012 – ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN), a premier supplier of high performance silicon solutions for energy efficient electronics, continues to expand its portfolio of products to simplify and speed the design of computing platforms.
“As the personal computing experience goes through further transformations, ON Semiconductor remains focused on advancing the efficiency and power density with innovative devices that enable OEMs to simplify their design and accelerate the development process,” said Bill Schromm, ON Semiconductor senior vice president and general manager of Computing and Consumer Products. “We have consistently delivered integrated solutions capable of operating at higher frequencies and providing both improved power management and enhanced signal integrity, while still minimizing the use of board space. ON Semiconductor’s solutions enable high speed connectivity in modern high performance computing applications.”
ON Semiconductor designs products that target all the major subsystems found in desktop, server, notebook and tablet computers – including central processing unit (CPU) power delivery, thermal management, power conversion in conventional power supplies and adapters, clock generation and distribution, plus high-speed interface switching and protection. The company’s computing products portfolio also address the industry’s ongoing migration of traditional computing technologies into mobile platforms, such as smartphones and tablets, and offers solutions to the challenges of integrating emerging serial communications into system designs.
The company's breadth of computing solutions include multi-phase Vcore controllers; ac-dc and dc-dc controllers, converters and regulators; voltage and current management; MOSFETs; amplifiers & comparators; EEPROM memory; as well as solutions for power switching, interface, protection and filtering for computing and peripherals applications.
Among the newest products ON Semiconductor now offers for next generation computing platforms are:
- ON Semiconductor’s first silicon controlled rectifier (SCR) based ESD protection products resulting in a deep snap back and the industry’s lowest ESD clamping voltage capable of protecting chipsets less than 22 Nanometer (nm). This technology boasts ultra-low 0.25 picoFarad (pF) max capacitance making it a highly optimized solution for high speed interfaces such as USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt.
- The NCP1851 fully programmable Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) switching battery charger, which significantly accelerates charge time, improves boot up sequence and overall battery life in smart phones, tablet applications and other handheld portable devices.
- The NCP6132A and NCP6153 power controllers combine true differential voltage sensing, differential inductor DCR current sensing, input voltage feed-forward, and adaptive voltage position to provided accurately regulated power for both desktop and notebook applications. The control system is based on Dual−Edge pulse−width modulation (PWM) combined with DCR current sensing providing the fastest initial response to dynamic load events and reduced system cost.
- A full family of space-saving dual, thermally enhanced, and discrete MOSFETs for networking, notebook, server and graphic card applications where component density and thermal efficiency requirements are high.
- The NB3N1XXK and NB4N1XXK family of differential clock and data fan-out buffers enhances system flexibility by allowing designers to easily interface to multiple input signaling schemes and is ideal for systems requiring multiple copies of high precision, low phase noise clocks signals compliant to PCI Express (PCIe) standards.
- The new ecoSWITCH™ Advanced Load Management family of devices offers critical cost and area savings along with market leading performance including: ultra-low RON, the highest available current carrying capacity, fault protection, configurable in-rush current control, and other features combined in extremely small packaging.
- The NIS5132 and NIS5135 monolithic integrated circuits that offer superior protection and enhance the reliability of a hard drive or other circuit by safeguarding them from both catastrophic and shutdown failures.
IDF – Booth 418
ON Semiconductor will be showcasing its portfolio of computing solutions during the Intel Developer Forum (IDF) from Sept. 11 to 13 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco – Booth 418. For more information, https://www.onsemi.com/IDF.