GAPM message for advertising start and stop/cancelled

Is there any GAPM message sent when advertising starts (as a result of calling GAPM_StartAdvertsingCmd()? It seems that a GAPM_CMP_EVT message is only sent when advertising is stopped (with param->operation = GAPM_ADV_* and param->status = GAP_ERR_CANCELLED).

I would like to keep track of advertising starting and stopping by handling the appropriate message, but it appears that I can only do that for advertising being cancelled. Is this true? Also, is there any query to know if advertising is ongoing or not?

@mbianchi

Please refer to our community forum knowledge base, to see DIO pins to shows TX & RX activity , in addition of this, we can also see the advertising interval time.
Using DIO PIN to show TX and RX activity on RSL10.

Thank you for using our community forum!

@martin.bela

Thanks for the KB link for tracking TX and RX activity - this may be useful to me at some point.

However, I was really looking for something much higher, at the RW stack level. I can keep track of advertising being enabled and disabled with a state variable; I was just expecting their to be some API call or at least a kernel message when advertising is started (as I mentioned above, there does seem to be a message for when advertising is cancelled).

@mbianchi

We don’t have any other way to track advertising on or off. We don’t have API or kernel message to get this.