Where can ı find latest mesh cmsıs package?

Hi everyone,

I am working on strata mesh platform. When ı install Strata Mesh CMSIS Package, ı am getting an error like this following below;

C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Error parsing file C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc’: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 69; Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Error while parsing C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Error parsing file C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc’: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 69; Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
Error while parsing C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\Sinowealth.SH32Fxxx_DFP.pdsc(1,42): Fatal Error: Open quote is expected for attribute “charset” associated with an element type “meta”.
Error parsing file C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\Sinowealth.SH32Fxxx_DFP.pdsc’: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 42; Open quote is expected for attribute “charset” associated with an element type “meta”.
Error while parsing C:\Users\PC\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\Sinowealth.SH32Fxxx_DFP.pdsc(1,42): Fatal Error: Open quote is expected for attribute “charset” associated with an element type “meta”.
No compatible version of the pack ‘ONSemiconductor.RSL10Mesh’ is found in the range of [1.6.79]

I use 1.4.43 BLE Mesh package. I have checked site ( Radio SoC, Bluetooth 5 Certified) but ı haven’t found RSL Mesh Package.

Can you help me?

Best Regards…

Hi @karuf,

You should be able to install or update RSL10Mesh CMSIS package through IDE.

Please refer to KB: How to Resolve External CMSIS-Pack Dependencies

Thank you for using our Community Forum.

1 Like

@rastislav.stefun thanks for your reply and interest.

I am going to add some screen shot when ı use refresh icon. I have got some errors about that.

Best Regards…

Hi @karuf,

Unfortunately, the RSL10Mesh is no more available on the website.

Please try to remove both RSL10Mesh and StrataRSL10Mesh and reinstall them. In CMSIS perspective please, search for ‘mesh’ and you will see both packs. Then click on Install+ button. Next, you have to agree with License Agreements for both packs.

I tried the same on my side and it worked. Please let us know whether it worked on your side.

Thank you for using our Community Forum.

@rastislav.stefun thank you for your reply,

When ı remove packs and then click install++ button, IDE has installed old version of mesh pack.

For mesh pack ----> Installed 1.4.43
For Strata pack ----> Installed 1.0.0

That packs has already exist in my computer. IDE couldn’t install latest packs…

Can you send me latest mesh packs (1.6.79) file from mail? If you can, we can fix that problem…

m.omerfarukbulut@gmail.com

Best Regards…

Hi @karuf,

I think the discrepancy is that @rastislav.stefun’s post shows both the Strata Mesh Kit 1.0.0 and the RSL10 Mesh package version 1.6.79. As he indicates earlier and in this link below, the RSL10 Mesh package is no longer being provided and you would need to use the Strata Mesh kit which I see you already have installed.

We have confirmed that t he Strata Mesh Package is a standalone Mesh Package that does not require the use of the baseline RSL10 Mesh Package to operate.

Please remove the RSL10 Mesh package from your IDE and use only the RSL10 Strata Mesh package going forward.

For some further support, section 6.2 in the RSL10 mesh kit User’s Guide below describes how to compile a CMSIS project for the Strata Mesh board.

The CMSIS package (which you already have) can be downloaded from here with image shown:

https://www.onsemi.com/support/evaluation-board/str-rsl10-mesh-kit-gevk

I trust and hope that this addresses your concern.

Hi @mike.picheca ,

Thank you for your long answer.

We have a collision about “Strata Mesh Pack work standalone”.
Because when ı install Strata Mesh Pack, RSL10 Mesh Pack required .

Below picture is from IDE,

About below picture, ı have not latest RSL10 Mesh Pack and this is my main problem.

Also, this situation specified in "str-rsl10-mesh-kit-gevk_user_guide.pdf " at page of 18 and section of 6.2. Even at the document, which is you have recommended to me, it said RSL10 Mesh pack has to be downloaded and installed.

Document says STRATA MESH PACK and RSL10 MESH PACK have to be installed and downloaded seperately.

Even that pictures , Are you still sure Strata Mesh Pack doesn’t require RSL10 Mesh Pack ?
If you say “yes”, ı will leave alone this subject!

Best Regards…

Hi @karuf ,

thank you for the reply. You are absolutely right that there is a dependency which is stated in the documentation and we missed that when we did our verification as we didn’t remove them entirely which led us to believe they were independent.

As a next step, we will package those dependencies and make them available on this topic for you to incorporate into your setup. That should address your concern.

@brandon.shannon will reply to this topic once the files are available. In the meantime, let us know if anything else is needed.

Again, thank you for using the Community Forums!

1 Like

Hi @karuf,

Please see the necessary Mesh Library files in the form of a condensed CMSIS Pack attached below.

For future reference, these Library files are intended to be included directly within the Strata CMSIS Package to make it a complete standalone solution, and we are currently in the process of rectifying this on the Strata product page.

ONSemiconductor.RSL10Mesh.1.6.79.pack (143.3 KB)

1 Like

Oh @mike.picheca , finally we have got some progress.
@rastislav.stefun thank you for your reply,
Hi @brandon.shannon , thank you for Rsl10 Mesh pack.

Please make some big announce, when you include RSL Mesh pack to Strata Mesh pack. Because It could be damage for our projects and solution take a time…

Best Regards…
Embedded System Engineer
Ömer Faruk BULUT

Hi again @mike.picheca , @brandon.shannon and @rastislav.stefun ,

I wanna go into debug mode on strata_ble_mesh_node project with regular RSL10 Development Kit.
When ı change RSL10_DEBUG to DBG_RTT in EM_platform.h file, ı have saw warning.Please refer below pictures…

In fact, there is another and important question. If ı want to create custom board with RSL10 SIP ( you know in the ındustry, you must create custom pcb with custom sensors. Because there could be another conditions ) , how can ı develop my own firmware? Because Strata CMSIS PACK and strata_ble_mesh_node doesn’t function without Strata kit.

Best Regards…

Hi @karuf,

Hope following response helps.

Q1. I tried running debug mode with DBG_RTT for a server node, I do not see the issue in the picture.
I would recommend performing following actions on the project: clean, refresh, index rebuild and then compile/debug.

Q2. DBG_RTT enables printing on RTT terminal which is included with Jlink software pack as J-Link RTT Viewer. You would need jlink hooked up all times if you want to look at the print statements.

For a custom project, you can just include SEGGER RTT in .rteconfig file of the eclipse project. The library is included in RSL10 CMSIS pack. No need for strata CMSIS pack.

For a provisioner/gateway, you can use DBG_UART for debugging instead of DBG_SPI. You can a function call to receive any custom commands on UART. UART prints are already implemented when the flag is enabled.
Strata CMSIS pack allows you to import api calls for various sensors/components on board. Which may not be used for a custom project.

Hi @tejashree.chaudhari ,

Thank you for your reply but it doesn’t work for me. Because ı don’t have strata rsl10 kit. Somewhere in the project, rsl10 waiting for communication to sensors process. So thats why ı can’t see anything on RTT Viewer.

If you are not using mesh hardware, any i2c calls to the sensors and peripheral devices will fail. You’ll have to strip out the initialization calls and any other calls which are being used to communicate with LEDs and sensors.

For example, take a look at app.c, following calls would fail waiting to communicate with the light sensor and LED driver.

/* Initialize the ambient light sensor */
setupMeasurement(i2c, X1, MS_12_5, START);

/* Turn on the RGB LEDs D1 and D2 and set to color blue*/
ble_led_dim(i2c, NODE_ACTIVE);
ble_led_set(i2c, LED_BLUE);

1 Like

@tejashree.chaudhari ,

Yes, ı know that but this process can’t be developable. Because ı need fully developable cmsıs pack and ı want to create fully custom mesh project.
At this point, On Semi doesn’t provide developable pack. Maybe it could be in future…

Best Regards…