What are default and max values for some variables?

Hello,
I’d like to know default and max values for below variables.
I cannot find it in the documents.

1. Default max rx window size
  2. Max rx window size value can be set by BLE_Set_RxWinSize_Max().
  3. What means of the “instant_change_include” parameter in below function? How do I set it?
    void BLE_Set_RxWinSize_Max(uint32_t max_rxWin, uint8_t instant_change_include)
  4. Max “rx_win_size_disconnect” value in below function is same as #2’s max rx window size value?
    void BLE_Set_RxWinSizeDisconnect(uint32_t rx_win_size_disconnect)
  5. The default ble sleep duration is 30 seconds then the “maximum_value” below is 48,000. What is the max value can be set?
    void BLE_Sleep_MaxDuration_Set(int32_t maximum_value)
  6. Is there any problem in operation when advertising or connected if the ble sleep duration value is set to the maximum? If not, I want to set it to the maximum in order to minimize the current consumption. Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Calvin

@Calvin

On-going support for this topic has been transitioned to our direct support team.

Once a solution has been reached, we will be uploading any relevant information to this topic in a reply.

@Calvin

As for the question 5,

The default ble sleep duration is 30 seconds then the “maximum_value” below is 48,000. What is the max value can be set?

you can find in the RSL10 CMSIS-Pack Release Notes.

In the RSL10 Firmware Reference, we have.

For the instant_change_include, when set to zero, this mechanism is not applied during connection establishment or parameter update procedures;

Hi,

• About 825s, Isn’t it true? “Now the limitation has been removed for XTAL 32KHz as well”

• BLE_Set_RxWinSizeDisconnect(5000); 5000 microseconds?

@Calvin

About 825s, Isn’t it true? “Now the limitation has been removed for XTAL 32KHz as well”

A: Sorry for misleading. Before we have a limitation for 825s. Now this limitation has been removed.
we should use this now.

BLE_Set_RxWinSizeDisconnect(5000); 5000 microseconds?

A: 5000 = 5000 us

Thank you for using our community forum!

How does supervision timeout relate to “rx_win_size_disconnect” value of the BLE_Set_RxWinSizeDisconnect()?
Are they completely separate things?

@Calvin

From the Bluetooth specifications, we could see the difference between them.

KB: How to control connection parameters using BLE Explorer

We could see:

Supervision Timeout:

The supervision timeout is used to detect a loss in connection.
It is defined as the maximum time between two received data packets before the Connection is
considered lost.
Its value ranges between 100 milliseconds - 32 seconds in increments of 10 milliseconds.
Each physical link has a timer that is used for link supervision. This timer is used to detect physical link loss caused by devices moving out of range, or being blocked by interference, a device’s power-down, or other similar failure cases.

BLE_Set_RxWinSize_Disconnect

Using the “BLE_Set_RxWinSizeDisconnect(uint32_t rx_win_size_disconnect)” API, applications can set a desired Rx window size in us, so that when the Rx window is widened up to a size equal to or greater than this value, the link is lost by the stack.

So we could see they do have different definition for link loss.

Let me clear my questions,

1. What is the default maximum rx window size ?
  2. What is the max value can be set with BLE_Sleep_MaxDuration_Set in numbers?

@Calvin

What is the default maximum rx window size ?

• There is no default maximum rx window size.
    By using BLE_Set_RxWinSize_Max can be used to set Max time (unit =us and 32-bit count for max value. That means 2^32 *1us ).

What is the max value can be set with BLE_Sleep_MaxDuration_Set in numbers?

The RX window size depends on connection interval, slave latency and clock accuracy etc.
Minimum value is 14 us for this.

• For the Max value for BLE_Sleep_MaxDuration_Set is 32-bit count. It means 2^32 * 625us.