Unable to Receive RAW data from DATA PIN on AX5043

Good morning,
I have already produced an AX5043 design to replace my already successful TI CC1020 part, and have rewritten all the functions in my existing project, to set up frequency, channel etc.
I use bit bashing manchester coding using the CLK to time and DATA to Send and receive data.
I can transmit perfectly on frequency, but in RX, I only see noise, even when I have a stable constant preamble using another transmitter source.
I’ve used the settings for the channel spacing and RX bandwidth using the AX-RadioLab, and tried to look at the changes when I alter setting of data rate etc, on a spreadsheet, but I still dont see anything.
I am ONLY using FREQA set of registers, although I’ve tried it on both.
For setting the RX BW from formula seems complicated (Which I’ve made a spreadsheet for all the other transmit Deviation and freq settings) as its not best explained in the programming manual.
I need to be able to on the fly manage switching various channel spacings so I have a few const arrays with the settings set up.
Ive also tried using RAW (ie not manchester) and monitor the DATA pin, but its still not giving me the square wave I expect from the pin.
Hopefully its something obvious.
Thanks
David

@david.schmider

I have used our DVK-2 kit with add on board 433 Mhz. Please try to do similar settings for creating of your project.

PHY layer:

Pin configuration :

Frame configuration:

SLAVE side (RX) Output basic and regulatory test → Transmit Pattern TX: 010101

You should see data on the pins DCLK (pin 12) & DATA (pin 11), similar as on the screen below.

Thank you for using our community forum!

Thank you Martin,
I’ve used the software as shown and even pasted in all the init and tx/rx settings which are created in code blocks.
I’m able to transmit from my ax5043 board to my cc1020 devices perfectly using Manchester coding with the exact transmit routine code from the cc1020 pic project using the clock and data pins, so I know I have the baud correct and frequency all set fine.
I presume I’m ok to use freqa for both TX and rx?
Not too sure on the rx data rate and how that affects me but I still would expect in receive without Manchester decoding set, I should still see at least something on the dclk other than random noise?
I’m unsure how to set up the correct values for the receiver bandwidth and filter, which maybe an issue? Once I can see some expected signal on data, I’ll have this project cracked.
Thanks again
David

David Schmider
Technical Director - LPRS Ltd

@david.schmider

Here were my setting on Radio Lab and with our DVK-2 kit and add on boards : AX5043 @ 433MHz.

I’m unsure how to set up the correct values for the receiver bandwidth and filter, which maybe an issue?

If you entered incorrect values in PHY layer Radio Lab will trigger error message so one will know, that value is out of boundaries or not correct.

Then simply click on calculate registers → save → download to the MASTER (TX) and SLAVE (RX) .

I presume I’m ok to use freqa for both TX and rx?
Not too sure on the rx data rate and how that affects me but I still would expect in receive without Manchester decoding set, I should still see at least something on the dclk other than random noise?

I have used all register values (without any editing in expert settings), calculated by the tool and get data out of the DATA pin and DCLK pin.

Hi, the only difference being i had a bird of my own i can only program from my pic. So i might be missing some bits.
I already have the settings created in a project but i copy those out into my own software.
It’s just when i selected always on mode then it’s either not on frequency or it’s something to do with the upper and lower rxdata rate settings

@david.schmider

I already have the settings created in a project but i copy those out into my own software.

We can assist with our RadioLab software, so please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thank you for using our community forum!