Segger J-Link with RSL10 in sleep mode

Hi,
I’m using the Segger J-Link to print debug message, i use a sample that can go to sleep.

I know that when RSL10 going to sleep, the JTCK clock is off. How can I use it when the device wakes up without configuring it manually?

I ‘m using the J-link RTT Viewer to print messages as shown below:

Best regards ,

I already asked such a question to SEGGER and the answer is that it isn’t possible. Here is their detailed answer:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to implement such a feature for the reasons mentioned in the following article:
RTT - SEGGER Wiki
In many cases, it is not even possible for the J-Link to determine if the target is in low power mode or not.
Some devices for example disable the RAM as part of the low power mode, so the J-Link does not even receive an “abort” signal when trying to access it.
Low power mode is not designed to work with a debug connection in 99% of the cases, but a debug connection is required for RTT.

3 Likes

Thank you rvs for answer.

Besides, I forgot to put the code below when i initialise the RS10:

DIO->CFG[RECOVERY_DIO] = DIO_MODE_INPUT  | DIO_WEAK_PULL_UP |
		DIO_LPF_DISABLE | DIO_6X_DRIVE;

while (DIO_DATA->ALIAS[RECOVERY_DIO] == 0);

Then it goes to sleep, i can’t re-flash it now even if DIO10 is connected to GND.

Any advice to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Did you change this to DIO10 in app.h?

/* DIO number that is used for easy re-flashing (recovery mode) */
#define RECOVERY_DIO                    12
1 Like

Thank you mahaju for your answer.

Sorry, I want to say DIO12.

I Forgot to put the recovery routine in my code in the Init step.

Best regards,

I haven’t worked with low power mode programs so I am just guessing here

Does the FlashLoader.exe tool detect this device? If you haven’t tried it already, try downloading the blinky sample program hex file using the FlashLoader tool. It also has options to erase flash so may be worth a shot, if you cannot recover the device any other way. This tool is inside “RSL10 SOFTWARE UTILITY APPS.ZIP”

1 Like

@Embed
I haven’t worked with low power mode programs so I am just guessing here

Does the FlashLoader.exe tool detect this device? If you haven’t tried it already, you can try downloading the blinky sample program hex file using the FlashLoader tool. It also has options to erase flash so may be worth a shot, if you cannot recover the device any other way. This tool is inside “RSL10 SOFTWARE UTILITY APPS.ZIP”

Yes, I tried flashing with FlashLoader.exe but Unfortunately doesn’t work.

Best regards,