RSSI drop when connected

I am using the RSL10-002GEVB (peripheral_server sample code from the software package) and the RSL10-USB001 GEVK USB dongle with the BLE Explorer app.
What surprised me was the significant RSSI difference whether a connection is established or not. I put the RSL10 Evalboard right next to the USB dongle and the RSSI value that is shown in the BLE Explorer is about -30. Then, as soon as I establish a connection between the RSL10 Evalboard and the USB dongle the RSSI value drops significantly to -70 without having moved either of the two devices.
Why is the signal so much weaker when connected vs unconnected?

@j.heinzmann

I wanted to let you know that we are still looking into this one on our end, I will share the relevant information here.
#FollowUp

1 Like

Hi @j.heinzmann, sorry it has taken so long to get back to you.

The TX power setting should apply to advertising and connect mode, so it would appear this is a bug. I will take a closer look to find the exact source of the issue, and update you when I find a solution.

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention.

2 Likes

Hi @j.heinzmann. I wanted to let you know that we have filed this bug and will try to be addressing it in our next release of the RSL10 firmware package. In the mean time I will be looking for a workaround that you can use until then. Thank you for your ongoing patience!
#followup

1 Like