RSL10 exporting accelerometer data

Hi, I’m attempting to read and save accelerometer and gyroscope data from a newly purchased RSL10-SENSE-GEVK. Unfortunately, the RSL10 Sense and Control App on iOS crashes when attempting to connect a cloud broker such as IBM, so I am not able to use that app to read the accelerometer data.

Are there any available examples that detail the code needed to connect the RSL10-SENSE-GEVK to a windows PC and export accelerometer and gyroscope data?

Thanks so much!

Hi @nk1499

Do you have any requirements on the solution being wired / wireless or the sample rate?

What we did in the past with different board is to send raw accelerometer data to PC over SEGGER RTT Console. You need to have the debugger connected to the board but you have enough bandwidth to send all samples.

There is solarsens_acc_data_acquisition example which uses regular printf to send samples over RTT and then there is PC side python script to visualize that data.
That could be used as a template for what you are trying to do.

1 Like

Hi @lukas.mandak

Thank you for the help! My project requires the RSL10 to be mounted far from a computer, so the solution must be wireless unfortunately. A sample rate of around 1 Hz is what we are currently aiming for, but that is flexible.

Thanks again.