RSL10 and LPDSP32 core

Hello there,
I would like to stream audio using RSL10. Additionally, my project includes encoding the audio using a codec to compress the data. From what I understand, RSL10 includes a DSP core “LPDSP32” inside. Can I achieve this without downloading Chess DE and without writing extra code on LPDSP32 core ?

In the “RSL10 LPDSP32 Support Manual” it says on page 40 “So far, we have only considered the Arm Cortex-M3 core side of the implementation, but we also need to provide
LPDSP32 code which provides the other side of the implementation.”.

I am wondering if I can achieve encoding and decoding audio data only using OnSemi IDE. Chess DE and other Synopsys tools are licensed and needs purchasing. It would be awesome if I can achieve this only using OnSemi IDE and using wrapper functions. LPDSP32 implementation part kinda frightened me :slight_smile:

I have looked at some API functions and wrapper function like encode,decode and configure.

@mehmet.hekimoglu

You will need to purchase the Chess DE and other Synopsis too license only if you wish the customize the G.722 or CELT/OPUS codecs that we provide by default.

You can find the codec source code within the ‘RSL10 LPDSP32 Software Package’, but you can also find a precompiled version of these codecs (parsed into several large hex tables so the CM3 can copy them into the DSP_DRAM execution area) within the ‘remote_mic_tx_raw’, ‘remote_mic_rx_raw’, ‘remote_mic_tx_coex’ & ‘remote_mic_rx_coex’ samples (TX Samples show Encode, RX Samples show Decode).

Thank you for using our community forum!

1 Like