Question about bonding and white list

hi to all,

when i’m connecting rsl10 to my phone using sample code ble_peripherial_serval_bond , it showing NOT-BONDED . What i need to do for bonding.??

If you’re using an Android phone, go to Settings → Connections → Bluetooth (or hold on the Bluetooth icon after swiping down from the top of the phone). The ble_periph_server_bond should show up in the “Available devices” list. Tap on it and you should get a message asking you to confirm that you want to pair with the device. Accept and at that point it should be bonded.

hello Jamie.Meacham,

Thank you for your reply . I have some more doubts :

1. When rsl10 was connected to mobile app but it was NOR-BONDED , it was doing it’s operation properly.
  2. If again rsl10 is connected to phone app with BONDED , then also it’s doing it’s operation well.

Actually I would like to know what will happen when it is bonded and when it is not bonded?

Can you describe the steps you used to connect differently between #1 and #2? Just curious how you’re sure which way you’re connected.

The short answer to your question is that bonding allows for more secure encrypted communication without having to share keys on subsequent connections between two devices.

thanks for your reply . I come to know through debug . thank you again…

Thank you for the update and for using the community forum.