MOC306xM Series Triac Driver - LED Trigger Current (Rated IFT)

Hi,

from the application point of view this is the most confusing parameter for me in data sheet of triac drivers.

Could someone tell us or give us examples, where should we take care for, when we select the chip model according to the led trigger current value? Where the choice of this current does matter?
Where would be appropriated to use 5mA or 10mA version instead of 15mA and vice versa or for which in application the led trigger current makes difference?

I suppose, if we use 15mA version , the system will be 3 times more robust as in the 5mA case, because it will need 3 times higher current to switch triac on. However this is still a little bit confusing for me to understand, in which application it will be ok to use 5mA version instead of 15mA for example.
What kind of noise the 5mA could be more sensitive than 15mA to?

If the 15mA version MOC3061M would be currently available on the market, we would go for this version.
However currently only 5mA MOC3063M can be found on the market.
If we replace MOC3061M with MOC3063M in current design, what kind of repercussions can be expected here?

Regards

@JoskoM

As this Community Forum is intended to discuss connectivity products and solutions from onsemi
for Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee and Sub-GHz, we would like you to redirect your question to our technical support team at technical support which provides up to date information and services to meet your needs.

Thank you

Hi,

ok, I didn’t know that. For sure, I will forward the question to technical support.

Regards