KB: Use GUI tool for DTM HCI test of RSL10

The following instructions show how to use the GUI tool HciHelper.exe for DTM tests. For more details about DTM testing, please refer to《Bluetooth Core 5.0 》-- vol6 part F “Direct Test Mode”.

Follow these two steps below, and then start your test:

download the GUI tool: HciHelper_V3.0.zip (702.8 KB)
Note:
The latest version of this tool is V3.0.
The Coded option (S=2/S=8) is untested.

1 Like

this GUI tool need use with our hci_app sample in RSL10 side

Hello, where can I download this GUI ? Also do I have to use UART pins(Tx and Rx) for this test or can I use JTAG connection for that ?

Thanks

this tool just need uart pins

If there is not uart pins, can continuous wave rx mode work ?

This tool communicates with RSL10 by UART, if there is no uart pins, the tool can’t work well. To get this tool, please download.HciHelper_V3.0.zip (702.8 KB)

Hello Snow, I installed this gui but it is not english. How can I do english ?
I also tried this gui by following manuel in zip file but it does not work. Continuous wave transmitter is working but Continuous wave receiver does not work. I also tried to hci_app example code’s python dtm_script to test receiver but it says that 0 packet is receiving. Do you have any idea why ?

I changed uart pins GPIO14 and GPIO 15 instead of GPIO4 and GPIO5. Is it the problem ?
Do I have to connect CTS pin?
Can you explain me how to connect two rsl10 board with uart ? I connected usb-ttl converter both of rsl10 board and connect them PC to test, is it correct ?

I’m sending you dtm_script’ s readme.txt file to see it.

README.txt (3.9 KB)

Thanks

Hi, Ceran:
I want to splite your questions as below. let discuss one by one

1. the indicate of GUI, you should set your PC’s language to English then the GUI tool will show English.

2. about recever fail issue please confirm your hardware connect at first. the right way should be two RSL10 boards connnect with PC by UART to USB sub-board seperately. then open two windows of GUI tool, one for TX and one for RX. then you can do the test as I show in the document.
    hardware connection

PC side

1. kindly remind, I suggest you using the hex file I attached and EVB to confirm first. and then testing with your own board.

Hello Snow,
Thank you very much for your answering.
I tried two rsl10 EVB boards and it worked. However at my product, it does not work , can it be about UART pins ? I made GPIO 15 and GPIO14 as TX and RX respectively.

Can it be about USB-TTL converter which I used for my own product ? I use DIGITUS: DIGITUS - Products this product for usb ttl. There is another adapter rs232 to uart which is TTL Çevirici Kart RS232 .

Do I need voltage level shifter for that ?

I’m waiting to hear you.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi, Ceran:
if you use your own board, and you change the UART DIOs, you need modify the code and generate your own hex file.

and please make sure the voltage connect with the RSL10 UART pins eq the VDDO of RSL10

Hi Snow,
I did same thing.

But it does not work.
https://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/AND9589-D.PDF according to this, I think that I need voltage level shifter? What do you think about that ?

But I supply my usb rs232 converter with my own product battery. My battery is CR2032.

This is my connection, my product has rsl10sip.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

you connection I’m not very clear. but you could refer my below converter board. in my coverter board, I should connect with RSL10 using the GND/3V3/TXD/RXD and should switch to 3V3, this means there is a voltage level shifter make the coverter board from 5V to 3v3.

Hello Snow,
I tried voltage level shitfter but it does not work. I think problem is GPIO14 and GPIO15. Because when I changed uart pin as GPIO14 and GPIO15 and upload code in RSL10 EVB, it does not work also. GPIO14 and GPIO15 are JTAG pins. By making some arrangement, I can use them as normal DIO according to KB: How to enable DIO13,DIO14 and DIO15 for normal DIO function? topic.

Do you have idea about that ? I checked these two pins by oscilloscope, I can not control them. I could not make high or low these two pins.

Edit: I tried a lot of things to make UART pin GPIO14 and GPIO15 but it did not work. This code only works with GPIO4 and GPIO5 even if I made every adjustment at code. Although I changed UART pins, it always tries to communicate with GPIO4 and GPIO5. Do you know why is that ?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, Ceran:
do you mean you try change the UART pins to other DIOs except DIO 4 and DIO5 and all can’t works? I’m confuse since I had been change it to DIO2(RX) and DIO3(TX) and it can works. could you try hci_app23.hex (410.4 KB) , you should can use UART by DIO2 and DIO3.
for the specail DIO14 and DIO15, I don’t suggest you use it, sure you also can use it as GPIOs by following the way KB: How to enable DIO13,DIO14 and DIO15 for normal DIO function? show to you, I think it will works.

Hello Snow,
I tried you hex file but it does not work also. DIO4 and DIO5 is working again, nothing changed. I use RSL10 EVB board v1.3, can it be problem ? I’m sending you photo of my board.

Can you send me photo how to build hex file,upload board etc. I dont think so but there may be problem at these steps.

Thanks a lot.

Ceran:
please refer below steps

Hello Snow, I will try it and tell you result.

Thanks a lot for your help.