KB: How to enable DIO13,DIO14 and DIO15 for normal DIO function?

How to enable DIO13,DIO14 and DIO15 for normal DIO function?

When RSL10 power on, the DIO13, DIO14 and DIO15 are configured for JTAG (SWJ-DP debug port interface to implement a 4- or 5-wire JTAG interface).

• DIO13 configured as JNTRST (5-wire JTAG interface only)
  • DIO14 configured as JTDI
  • DIO15 configured as JTDO

The following table shows 4- and 5-wire JTAG and SWD interfaces:

However, we normally recommend using JTAG SWD for programming and debugging, which only use RSL10 TMS and TCLK pins.

How can we enable these 3 DIO pins (DIO13, DIO14 and DIO15) for normal DIO functions like other DIOs?

Please use the following code:

// This is for DIO14/DIO15
DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG->CM3_JTAG_DATA_EN_ALIAS = CM3_JTAG_DATA_DISABLED_BITBAND;

//This is for DIO13
DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG->CM3_JTAG_TRST_EN_ALIAS = CM3_JTAG_TRST_DISABLED_BITBAND;

NOTE: If you are using CMSIS, you also have an option to configure in this way.

You could also navigate to the RTE_Device.h file within the Project Explorer (RTE ==> Device ==> RSL10 ==> RTE_Device.h) and then right click, open with the CMSIS Configuration Wizard, and change the GPIO settings as following:

Make sure you enable “JTAG SW PAD configuration enable” and disable “JTAG data enable” as well as “TRST enable”.

Hey Larry,

you could also navigate to the RTE_Device.h file within your project explorer (RTE ==> Device ==> RSL10 ==> RTE_Device.h) and then right click, open with CMSIS Configuration Wizard and change the GPIO settings as following:

Make sure you enable “JTAG SW PAD configuration enable” and disable “JTAG data enable” as well as “TRST enable”.

Hope this helps!
Bruno

Hi Bruno,
Good point!. Thanks.

I ran into the same problem, because I have the need for 16 GPIOs. So I followed your advice and changed the configuration for the JTAG SW PAD as shown. But I can still not use the three pins as GPIOs. Neither do they work as PWM outputs nor do they follow any Sys_GPIO_Set_Low() or Sys_GPIO_Set_High() calls.

I have them enabled and configured above in the Wizard as outputs - but no success.

Any idea?

regards
Michael

Hi Michael,
I have verified this in blinky sample by using my configuration.
It works at DIO14.

Please double check on your side.

Larry

Hi Larry,

thanks for the quick answer. You are right. When I include the two DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG settings in my C code, it works!! This is great. I tried it only with the RTE_Device.h settings.

Thanks for your help
Michael

You can use this pin for nominal functionality.You should disable DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG register bit field CM3_JTAG_DATA_EN and CM3_JTAG_TRST_EN. If you want to 4 and 5 wire jtag you can already use this 3 pins as jtag pins in default. You can set up this pin for nominaly functionalty DIO config if you insert below code line ;

“Sys_DIO_Config(14,DIO_MODE_GPIO_OUT_0);”

I said after solutions because default config never goes to break.So that is why we have to insert this lines (maybe in another situation it could be);

DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG->CM3_JTAG_DATA_EN_ALIAS = 0;
DIO_JTAG_SW_PAD_CFG->CM3_JTAG_TRST_EN_ALIAS = 0;