iBeacon receiver example?

Martin,

I imported the ble_central_client_scan project but it won’t build. I am assuming this is the project you mentioned since I don’t see your suggestion (‘ble_central_scan’) by that name in the list of examples.

Here is the error message:
C:\Users\jeff\on-semiconductor-workspace\ble_central_client_scan\include/app.h:44:10: fatal error: ble_gap.h: No such file or directory

Even though I copied the files from the ble_peripheral_server_cgm project I continue to get the error after clean / build. Can you tell me how to properly configure this project?

@jeff
Hello Jeff,
Yes, we have meant : ble_central_client_scan , example.

Do you have generic ARM.CMSIS pack installed in your packs as well?

I see that there is an fatal error message referring to : app.h

#include <ble_gap.h> , but screen shot is cut. Can you paste whole message?

I have build the same example: ble_central_client_scan , with no errors.

Btw, have you tested to build simple Blinky CMSIS pack with success?

Thank you for using our community forum!

No ARM.CMSIS pack. This is not included in the RSL10 software pack. It was also not mentioned in the getting started guide. Where can I get it? So here’s what I’ve done.

• Started fresh on a new machine
  • Installed IDE
  • Installed RSL pack
  • Copied Blinky
  • Built and ran Blinky stepping through each line of code.
  • Copied ble_central_client_scan
  • Built it resulting in the same error

@jeff

It looks like the .rteconfig file in your project is not copying all of the necessary CMSIS components into /RTE/Device/RSL10/ project directory.

By default, all of the components selected in the .rteconfig should be imported into the /RTE/ automatically.

Do you have all the necessary RSL10 BLE Components selected within .rteconfig ?

For basic BLE functionality, they will require the “Device>Libraries>System”, “Device>Bluetooth Coe (API)>Kernel”, “Device>Bluetooth Coe (API)>BLE Stack” & “Device>Bluetooth Coe (API)>BLE Abstraction”.

Where is the Device menu item? I don’t see this anywhere after poking around.

@jeff

Do you have all the necessary RSL10 BLE Components selected within .rteconfig ?

For basic BLE functionality, you will require the “Device>Libraries>System”, “Device>Bluetooth Core (API)>Kernel”, “Device>Bluetooth Core (API)>BLE Stack” & “Device>Bluetooth Coe (API)>BLE Abstraction”.

Please refer to the IDE print screen for the .rteconfig components file :

Thank you for using our community forum !

Martin,

My setup looks like your example except math was not ticked. Of course ticking it made no difference.

@jeff
You have an error USART API driver is missing.

Can you check your CMSIS driver USART (API) settings like below ? :

This is my screen.

@jeff
On the upper side there is resolve , Can you try that?

It is greyed out.

@jeff

• Please install the baseline ‘ ARM.CMSIS ’ package (you might need to use the ‘Check for Updated from the Web’ in the Pack View to pull the pack list into your Pack View)
  • Remove and reinstall the RSL10 CMSIS Software Pack and ensure all of the dependencies are met
    [/quote]

1 Like

This is getting comical. The Packs perspective would not open. I uninstalled and reinstalled the OnSemi app and it still will not open the packs. Is there an older version of this IDE that works?

Update: Desipte the errors below the ARM.CMIS is now installed and the ble_central_client_scan copied and built properly.

• Uninstalled SDK

• Removed .eclipse folder

• Removed workspace folder

• Removed Program Files/x86/ …

• Reinstalled SDK

• Did update from the web

• Had many errors

File not found or not accessible: http://www.sinowealth.com/ftp/tool/Arm32/Sinowealth.SH32Fxxx_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: http://www.redpinesignals.com/downloads/keil_packs/RS13100_DFP/Redpine.RS13100_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/cmsis-packs/SiliconLabs.ARTIKMG1_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: http://www.keil.com/pack/Atmel.SAME70_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/cmsis-packs/SiliconLabs.ARTIKBG1_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: http://www.redpinesignals.com/downloads/keil_packs/RS14100_DFP/Redpine.RS14100_DFP.pdsc
    File not found or not accessible: http://www.mcu.com.cn/Cmsemicon.BAT32G135-A.pdsc
    Pack updates are completed
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.A31G21x_Series.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.A31G31x_Series.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.A31G32x_Series.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.A33G52x_Series.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.AC33Mx128_Series.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.CM0_DFP.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    Error while parsing C:/Users/jeff/ON_Semiconductor/PACK/.Web/ABOV.CM3_DFP.pdsc: cannot read file. Unrecognized file format
    C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    Error parsing file C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc’: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 69; Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    Error while parsing C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x031_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    Error parsing file C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc’: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 69; Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    Error while parsing C:\Users\jeff\ON_Semiconductor\PACK.Web\MindMotion.MM32x103_DFP.pdsc(8,69): Fatal Error: Invalid byte 2 of 2-byte UTF-8 sequence.
    08:40:35: Processing completed

Tried first on at&t network which had dns issues (servers not found) with many of the sources.
Tried on Cox with the above errors.
Screenshot showing BBC.com to prove I have a valid internet connection.

@jeff

1. Now that you can see the necessary ARM.CMSIS package, can you please install this package alongside the RSL10 Software Package and let us know if your project’s /RTE/ directory is properly filled when you import the sample firmware?

2. It looks like you might be using a Virtual Machine or logging in to a Remote Desktop via a OS other than Windows. It has been known that certain VPN or Network Security can cause issues with importing the CMSIS Pack properly from the internet, and we have also not tested the Eclipse IDE in a Virtual Machine environment. While it is likely this will not cause any issues, is it possible to attempt this setup in non-virtual Windows environment to let us know if this might be related.

I installed ARM.CMIS first then I installed the RSL10 pack. The ble_central_client_scan did build properly.

1 Like

@martin.bela I actually did a full installation on my son’s gaming PC and had the same results with the client_scan project not working. I think I also had errors during that installation as well. I do not own a Windows machine I have a MacBook pro 16. Are there any plans to make this available for Mac or Linux? I know that Eclipse will run on all three but it’s the cross compiler toolsets that are usually the problem.

Success!

Connected devices:
[1B][2J[1B][0;0HScanned devices:
01 | -46 dBm | 0x4caa73f84336 | -
02 | -59 dBm | 0x497bec8205a5 | -
03 | -39 dBm | 0x49903d7c6d3e | -
04 | -99 dBm | 0x67cd98b24d2e | -
05 | -102 dBm | 0x79abdbfb2cb1 | -
06 | -94 dBm | 0x76acb9186cef | UCKG2
07 | -95 dBm | 0x78c8fed21a6a | -
08 | -43 dBm | 0xdd330a111a24 | -

@jeff
Please refer to our thread regarding other platforms such as Linux etc. at: KB: Getting set up with the RSL10 SDK & Eclipse IDE - #9 by josephchang888

Thank you for using our community forum!