Device Identity Address

According to the RSL10 Firmware Reference Documentation a so-called “Bluetooth MAC Address” is defined in NVR3 Field DEVICE_INFO_BLUETOOTH_ADDR and it is declared “to be used as the device’s
Bluetooth public address”.

On the other hand, the Bluetooth Standard (core 5.0 p. 2688) states that “if a device is using Resolvable Private Addresses, it shall also have an Identity Address that is either a Public or Random Static address type”. Now, if my application uses Host Privacy, which address is used as Identity Address?

@darrew

On the other hand, the Bluetooth Standard (core 5.0 p. 2688) states that “if a device is using Resolvable Private Addresses, it shall also have an Identity Address that is either a Public or Random Static address type”. Now, if my application uses Host Privacy, which address is used as Identity Address?

ble core v5.0 has this Identity Address information .

Thank you for using our community forum!

Let me reformulate my question:
if my application uses Host Privacy (i.e. a Resolvable Private Address), which address (if any) is used as Identity Address by the RSL10 BLE stack?

EDIT: My investigation (analysis of the SMP Transport Specific Key Information during legacy pairing) shows that the Device Identity Information Address matches the value stored in NVR3 DEVICE_INFO_BLUETOOTH_ADDR (this is the case when using GAPM_SetDevConfigCmd and no overwrite of Device_Param_Prepare).

Could you please confirm my statement?

Hi @darrew ,
By using HOST Privacy, you can use public address and static private address.
As @martin.bela said before, identity address can be public address or static private address.

If the application does not want to use public address, it should call APP_PROVIDED and provide private address there.
We have ble_peripheral_server_PRA for reference.

From above picture, you could see public address will be used if you use FLASH_PROVIDED_or_DFLT.

1 Like