Balun matching - impedance across pins ‘ANTP’ and ‘ANTN’ - AXM0F343-64-1-TX40

we started to implement balun /

please your advice or best answerer you can give in order we proceeded

1. I need to know what the characteristic impedance across pins ‘ANTP’ and ‘ANTN’ is. I don’t see it published in the datasheet.

2.Do you have a reference design showing the discrete version?

for AXM0F343-64-1-TX40

please advice
yaniv
robotronix.co.il

@Rf_Routerx206

1. I need to know what the characteristic impedance across pins ‘ANTP’ and ‘ANTN’ is. I don’t see it published in the datasheet.

Please refer to our thread : FAQ: Output impedance on the AX5043 ANT pins so the output impedance of class E also apply for the AXM0F343 as well.

2.Do you have a reference design showing the discrete version? for AXM0F343-64-1-TX40.

Please refer to our antenna matching network values for AXM0F343 at : AXM0F343-64-868 schematic pages.

Thank you for using our community forum!

1 Like

thank but this is not what i asked .

Hi Yaniv, Martin`s reply links to the following FAQ: Output impedance on the AX5043 ANT pins :

AX5043 pins ANTP, ANTN, and ANTP1 are not the PA output; rather, they are the transition between the internal switching transistor and the external resonant components. In the various AX5043 reference designs, LC, CC, CT, LT, and CM actually form the amplifier. For this reason, the output impedance of the ANT pins is not relevant to antenna matching.

We don’t have tabulated values of the impedance measured at ANTP and ANTN as these are not meaningful without the external matching network. You may do some measurements with a VNA but only including an external Lchoke (which selection is described in FAQ: How to operate AX5043 at 27 MHz - (custom matching networks for AX5043) ), and while working at a specific output power, scan the frequency response.