ADC consumption

Hi,
I’m trying to measure the consumption of the ADC using different sampling frequencies.
I would like to know where I could find the consumption of the ADC in RSL10 documentation.

Best regards,

Hi,

Information regarding power consumption of ADC is not available in RSL10 documentation.

Power consumption of ADC at 128 KHz sampling rate:

• Typical: 8 µA
  • Max: 15 µA

Power consumption of ADC at 1280 KHz sampling rate:

• Typical: 50 µA
  • Max: 80 µA

Thank you for using our Community Forum.

Ok, Thank you.
Best regards,

Hi,

You are welcome.

Hi Rastislav,

I come back to you because I tried to measure the consumption of the ADC of the RSL10 with different sampling frequency.

To do that, I created a project from scratch, then I configured the sleep mode to be waked up by the RTC.

At each wake up, the ADC conversion is configured using DIO1 pin. The frequency of the wake up is somehow the sampling frequency of the ADC.

Below is the consumption obtained when varying the sampling frequency of the ADC.
image .

I think that is excessive, it’s normal to have this consumption ?

Best regards,

Hi,

Could you please provide more information regarding your measurement setup and measurement equipment? Are measured data you provided, only for ADC or is it overall consumption of RSL10 you measured? To prevent misunderstanding, in which unit is the x-axis of provided graph?
If it is possible, could you please share your code?

Thank you for cooperation and for using our Community Forum.

Hi Rastislav,

Thanks for your quick answer.

• For power consumption, I used the energy profiler tool from Silabs with their Wireless Starter Kit Mainboard

• The consumption done is the overall consumption of RSL10

• Sorry the unit of the x-axis is in Hz

Below a picture of the tool used with some details:

You find enclosed the code used to do this measurement.

Best Regards, app.c (14,9 Ko) app.h (6,5 Ko)

Hi,

It seem that your measured data don’t reflect only ADC consumption but overall RSL10 wakeup spike current. As it is normal.