EUHA – FRANKFURT, Germany – Oct. 23, 2012 – ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ONNN) a premier supplier of high performance silicon solutions for energy efficient electronics, has introduced Rhythm R3710, a new pre-configured Digital Signal Processing (DSP) system designed specifically for Invisible-in-Canal (IIC) hearing aid devices.
The Rhythm R3710 hybrid incorporates advanced speech and audio signal processing algorithms and features ON Semiconductor’s advanced miniaturized packaging techniques, which enable hearing aid manufacturers to develop highly discrete products intended to be placed deep in the ear canal.
Measuring 4.57 mm x 3.12 mm x 1.52 mm (0.180 x 0.123 x 0.060 in.), the Rhythm R3710 hybrid is 20 percent smaller than existing Rhythm family hybrids, and is the industry’s smallest hybrid form-factor.
Rhythm R3710 Key Features:
- 8-Channel WDRC: Up to 8 wide dynamic range compression (WDRC) channels
- iSceneDetectTM Environmental Classification Algorithm: Automatically optimizes the hearing aid to maximize comfort and audibility by analyzing the hearing aid user’s acoustic environment
- Adaptive Noise Reduction Algorithm: Monitors noise levels independently in 128 individual bands and employs advanced psychoacoustic models to provide user comfort
- iLogTM Datalogging: Enables logging of various parameters such as program selection, volume setting and ambient sound levels
- Adaptive Feedback Cancellation: Automatically reduces acoustic feedback and allows for an increase in the stable gain while minimizing artifacts for music and tonal input signals
“Rhythm R3710 is a perfect solution to support the development of increasingly popular Invisible-in-Canal hearing aid devices,” said Michel De Mey, senior director Hearing Health products at ON Semiconductor. “By leveraging ON Semiconductor’s experience and expertise in both ultra-low-power signal processing and miniaturized packaging technology, the company can offer a pre-configured DSP system that uniquely addresses the form-factor and performance needs of this growth market.”
Rhythm R3710 is E1 RoHS compliant and uses ON Semiconductor’s thinSTAXTM packaging.
For more information, please visit https://www.onsemi.com/RHYTHM R3710.