ON Semiconductor provides digital ASICs, mixed-signal ASICs, custom foundry services, and MIL-PRF-19500 transistors for military & aerospace applications. In addition, the company provides FPGA-to-ASIC and ASIC-to-ASIC conversion services. ASIC design services offer hybrid and standard design flows.
Technical Documentation & Design Resources
With headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and on-shore design and manufacturing centers, ON Semiconductor offers a secure, stable environment for the development of advanced semiconductor solutions for military and aerospace applications. ON Semiconductor has been granted Category 1A Trusted Foundry accreditation for its on-shore fabrication facilities in Idaho and Oregon. ON Semiconductor has also been granted ‘Broker’ accreditation with Defense Microelectronics Activity (DMEA), enabling the company to support the entire trusted manufacturing process through engagement with other trusted suppliers for design, packaging, and test. The combination of the two accreditations benefits military and defense customers by providing a fully integrated trusted manufacturing solution.
In addition, ON Semiconductor maintains ITAR certification and QML flows required for military designs.
- Unwavering commitment to world-class quality and continuous improvement
- Meets the stringent quality standards historically required of ASIC vendors for military and aerospace applications
- Robust silicon technologies, characterized over extended temperature range from cryogenic to 150° C
- Portfolio of plastic and hermetic packaging suitable for high reliability end applications
- Comprehensive intellectual property offering: high-speed serial I/O (SerDes); external high performance memory interfaces including OTP; ARM microprocessors; a variety of other hard and soft IP
- Extended process lifetimes, meeting the market need for secure, long life-cycle processes
- Flexible EOL process enables adequate transition or EOL planning
High Reliability Discretes
|1N746A - 1N759A
|1N4099 - 1N4627
|1N645 - 1N649
|1N5550 - 1N5554
|1N5804 - 1N5811
||A, D-5A, E, D-5B
|1N6626 - 1N6631
|1N6620 - 1N6625
|1N5614 - 1N5622
|* Devices are currently in qualification and expect to be on the DLAQPL in 2013.
ASIC Capabilities for Specific Military & Aerospace Application Requirements
ON Semiconductor works closely with aerospace system design companies to support DO-254 and ED-80 compliance needs, ensuring flawless in-flight system performance, and complying with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the European Organization for Civil Aviation Equipment (EUROCAE) requirements for complex electronic hardware devices. This effort includes baseline testing of two technology nodes for neutron SEU and ongoing IP development for applications with stringent upset requirements. Neutron SEU reports are available upon request.
- Extended/mil-temp performance
- Special packaging
- Avionics-level SEU immunity
Terrestrial & Battlefield
The ground segment, including terrestrial military/intelligence communications and battlefield C4I, requires assured access with a low power single chip device.
- Anti-tamper enabling non-volatile logic
- Encryption/decryption integration platform with secure memory
- Commitment to secure ITAR/NOFORN handling
- On-shore (US-based) design-thru-production path
- Long term assured access
Missiles and Munitions
- Military temperature range performance
- Special packaging